STUDENT-ATHLETE ADVISORY COMMITTEE 2016-2017
*Congratulations to Lauryn Parker and Daniel Sweeney: Nominees for the FHSAA SAAC*
Chas Dudley, President
Daniela Schneider, Vice President
Lauryn Parker, Secretary
Anne Jackson McClure, Community Outreach Coordinator
McKenley Minacci/Lucie Flowers, Spirit Coordinator
Baseball: Lucas Briggs, JD Gardner
B. Basketball: Chas Dudley, Pierce Johnson
G. Basketball: Skila Rogers, Meagan Wilkins
Cheerleading: McKenley Minacci, Lucie Flowers
Cross Country: Molly McCann, Jake Mazziotta
Dance: Madison Cherry
Football: Tripp Hunter, John Sniffen
B. Golf: Bryson Bianco
G. Golf: Tayley Cotton, Taylor Bensely
Lacrosse: Evan Oakley
B. Soccer: Daniel Sweeney
G. Soccer: Anne Jackson McClure
Softball: Sophie Gainey, MC Waddell
Swimming: Angeline Trischler
Tennis: William Perrigan, Daniela Schneider
Track and Field: Caroline Willis, Gannon Hundley
Volleyball: Jewel Strawberry, Lauryn Parker
Weightlifting: Eljin Rhymes
Angela Croston (Faculty), Jake von Scherrer, Dwan Riggins
What is it?
The SAAC is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations, and policies that affect student-athletes’ lives on campus.
An Association-wide SAAC was adopted at the 1989 NCAA Convention, and was formed primarily to review and offer student-athlete input on NCAA activities and proposed legislation that affect student-athlete welfare.
The mission of the SAACs is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes
- Disseminate information
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.