Maclay School was founded in 1968 by a group of parents who wished to provide their children with educational resources that would enable each student to develop to the fullest-academically, morally, emotionally, and physically. The school was named in honor of Alfred Barmore Maclay, Jr., a World War II veteran who died of polio in 1953. His mother, Mrs. Alfred B. Maclay, Sr., was a benefactor and loyal friend of the school. Over the years, Mr. and Mrs. John W. Mettler generously donated the land upon which the school is situated. During Maclay's first year, a nine-member faculty taught grades 1-8. Each year following, one grade level was added until the first class graduated in 1973. Our Kindergarten opened in 1975 and Pre-K began in 1989. Today, Maclay has a student body of nearly 1,000 students and100 faculty members. As we approach our 50th year in 2017-18, Maclay will have 3000th alumni who have graduated.
Address 3737 North Meridian Road, Tallahassee, FL 32312